You have the ring and now its time to start planning. The dress, the venue, the flowers. How about hair and makeup? With so many decisions to make, here are some tips from a Wedding Hair and Makeup Artist about how to look the absolute best on your special day!
- Don’t try anything new within a month of your wedding day. From new haircuts or colors, facials, lash extensions, and skincare products, I recommend trying anything new about 2-3 months before the wedding. You can then change or adjust anything without a negative effect on how you’ll look on the day of.
- Don’t solicit too many opinions. Have one person that knows your style and taste to offer suggestions rather than a bunch of people with different visions for your hair and makeup on your special day. Keyword is that it is YOUR special day. The opinion that matters is your own. Your opinion and your comfort matter most.
- Don’t be afraid to add a little extra. Whether it is volume in the hair or extra color to the eyes, it will help your makeup show up better in pictures AND last better through the wedding day.
- Always remember less is more. If you are dealing with a break out on your wedding day, instead of wearing a full coverage foundation. Use a concealer to spot cover where you need the extra coverage. This will prevent your makeup from appearing cakey.
- Add Lashes. False lashes are a great one day option while lash extensions offer great lashes through your wedding day and the honeymoon. There are a lot of different styles from natural to dramatic. If you opt for lash extensions, I recommend getting lashes a month and then getting a fill right before the wedding. Lashes add the finishing touch to the eyes and help complete the whole look.
- Hire a professional hair and makeup artist! This will allow you to sit and relax for about two hours on your wedding day. You won’t need to stress about your foundation matching or a pesky breakout. A professional will have a kit and knowledge, from working on many weddings, to help take care of any of those concerns. I recommend doing a trial run about 2-3 weeks before the wedding. Take this time to talk with your hair and makeup artist about your preferences and ideas for the perfect wedding day.
Most importantly take the time to relax and enjoy your special day. Having beautiful hair and makeup is an easy way to relieve a lot of stress. For questions about booking Sarah or more tips and tricks visit www.sarahhicken.com.