Let’s fast forward this blog introduction to your 1 year wedding anniversary. Cheers! There you are with your adored one sitting in your living room, sipping wine and experiencing an intimate moment while going through your wedding photo memories. Suddenly, a startling thought comes to your mind. Would we have these beautiful photos to look back on if it wasn’t for our awesome wedding photographer? Hmm, but how did we end up choosing her/him? And thus you remember the day when you found out about this awesome blog post. Yes, I am talking about this one!
Choosing a photographer for your wedding may be the hardest job of the whole wedding planning process. You might think–oh it’s just a photo, a simple technique, we will have thousands of them. Believe me, it’s more than that. It’s about being present with you, capturing your exact emotions and feelings. The perfect photographer is able to see through your eyes and create photos that look like they are your own real wedding memories. Don’t we all wish to have our most meaningful moments caught on camera and be able to relive them all over again?
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
Rather than me sharing my thoughts on what you should be looking for, I wanted you to feel like you were talking with your best friend, but in this situation, sharing experience and tips from one bride to another bride-to-be. This time, instead of giving you advice as a professional photographer on how to choose your wedding photographer, I’ve asked my lovely brides to give you their best advice. Thank you to all of you who were so kind and wanted to take part and help future-brides.
The questions I decided to focus on are questions that I usually see engaged couples struggle with. To make it more interesting for you I asked my future brides to feature their favorite photo of the BIG day so you can get a little newlyweds portraits inspiration.
RESPONSES FROM BRIDES
WHAT PLATFORMS DID YOU LOOK AT TO FIND YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
- Recommendations from my wedding planner.
- Internet research
- Instagram, Wedding Wire, The Knot, Facebook
- Referred by a friend, but also looked on Instagram
- Wedding Wire, Google, Instagram, Bridal Fairs, and just word of mouth
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO FIND THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER FOR YOUR WEDDING?
- Contacted 4 wedding photographers before the perfect one
- 3 days (I made an excel sheet of 12 different wedding photographers at work and talked to my husband about them when I got home. It took a while for all those people to contact me with the info I needed)
- Approximately 3 months
- My wedding photographer was the first photographer I looked at and didn’t look any further after I found her. 🙂
- Not long at all, actually. I would say maybe less than a month.
WHAT WERE THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT QUALITIES YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IN YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
- Style, creativity, capturing my vision
- Quality of pictures, price range, liking photographers artistic style
- Lighting style, overall emotion portrayed in the photograph and uniqueness
- Catered their services to our specific needs/matched our style, fairly priced and good photo quality and editing.
- Price, talent, and how many pictures/sessions we got, and that they didn’t nickel and dime us.
HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHICH WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER TO HIRE?
- After speaking with our wedding photographer on the phone, I decided to sign that day
- 2 hours
- Around a month
- After we had an in-person consultation with the photographer, we decided right away to hire her!
- Immediately after we met her. 🙂
HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
- Recommendations and photographer’s portfolio
- The price was right, she was incredibly easy to work with, and her photos are beautiful!
- Based on how many of her photos we liked on Instagram!
- I was referred to my wedding photographer by a friend.
- We vibed with our photographer off the bet. She was very easy to talk with and have fun. We felt like she could give us all the things we wanted for our wedding.
Did you already find your perfect wedding photographer? If yes, that’s amazing. I would love to know all about your tips and tricks, so please feel free to share them in the comments!